About Me

My photo
Welcome, my name is Sylvia Smiser. I am a self taught artist. I enjoy creating one of a kind art dolls and sculpted figures. Vintage Halloween styled artwork and Dia de los Muertos art dolls is what comes naturally to me and what I am most passionate about creating. I am a proud member of the wonderful art groups EHAG (Eclectic Halloween Artists Guild) and PFATT (Primitive Folk Art Talk & Tea). I am a participating artist at Ghoultide Gathering. I am honored to have been published in Art Doll Quarterly, Dolls magazine, Somerset Studio Gallery and Celebrate 365 Magazine. I am also a Physical Therapist and Mama to 15 year old Boy/Girl Twins. My husband is a wonderful man who is very supportive of my art and together with our two doggy fur kids we make one happy, busy family.

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

NEW for November on the PFATT Marketplace...

Well, I decided to try something a little different this month.  I don't often have a chance to make a large Christmas piece, but I have recently become full of the Christmas Spirit and felt 
the need to sculpt this piece.  
It is 12 1/2 inches tall and about 7 1/2 inches wide. 
Each little elf was sculpted separately and each little wool felt coat was tailored to fit each one individually.  It was so much fun to make! 
My son named this piece for me.  He said it looked like Cirque Du Snow'leil.
I thought it was clever and kept it.
This piece will be available on the PFATT Marketplace tomorrow, Nov. 10th.  The update happens at 10 AM Pacific time, Noon Central, 1 PM Eastern. 
Thank you for stopping by.
Have a wonderful day!
Sylvia

1 comment:

  1. Ha, I love the name and it does fit. Good job, and it's cute too! I try to sculpt elves and have a hard time...thanks for popping in Sylvia,

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you and the thoughts that you share...