About Me

My photo
Welcome, my name is Sylvia Smiser. I am a self taught artist. I enjoy creating one of a kind art dolls and sculpted figures. Vintage Halloween styled artwork and Dia de los Muertos art dolls is what comes naturally to me and what I am most passionate about creating. I am a proud member of the wonderful art groups EHAG (Eclectic Halloween Artists Guild) and PFATT (Primitive Folk Art Talk & Tea). I am a participating artist at Ghoultide Gathering. I am honored to have been published in Art Doll Quarterly, Dolls magazine, Somerset Studio Gallery and Celebrate 365 Magazine. I am also a Physical Therapist and Mama to 15 year old Boy/Girl Twins. My husband is a wonderful man who is very supportive of my art and together with our two doggy fur kids we make one happy, busy family.

Sunday, May 26, 2013

For Kat...

This is the fourth time I start this blog post as I am finding it difficult to express what is on my mind and in my heart. 
You see, it's incredible to me, how close I feel to this network of friends that I feel very fortunate to have come to know through the powerful internet.  
Over the last several years I have met many collectors that are kindred spirits in our love of Halloween.
Some of these collectors I consider good friends.  I feel honored to be allowed to be part of your world.  I become very attached and celebrate your triumphs but also feel the pain of your losses. 
I have been very positively influenced by one very special lady and her courage and strength in her fight with cancer. 
In every difficult step and set back she always came back with more strength and positivity.
It is incredible to have had the opportunity to know someone like this. 
She was an angel on Earth and now she is an Angel in Heaven. 
It is with a heavy heart and tears that I write this post because I will miss her beautiful personality and I feel for her family and her loving husband because I can only imagine their pain. 
My prayers are with you.  May your memories ease your heartache in time.
Rest In Peace Dear Kat.
Until we meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you and the thoughts that you share...