About Me

My photo
Welcome, my name is Sylvia Smiser. I am a self taught artist. I enjoy creating one of a kind art dolls and sculpted figures. Vintage Halloween styled artwork and Dia de los Muertos art dolls is what comes naturally to me and what I am most passionate about creating. I am a proud member of the wonderful art groups EHAG (Eclectic Halloween Artists Guild) and PFATT (Primitive Folk Art Talk & Tea). I am a participating artist at Ghoultide Gathering. I am honored to have been published in Art Doll Quarterly, Dolls magazine, Somerset Studio Gallery and Celebrate 365 Magazine. I am also a Physical Therapist and Mama to 15 year old Boy/Girl Twins. My husband is a wonderful man who is very supportive of my art and together with our two doggy fur kids we make one happy, busy family.

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Mr. and Mrs. Frankenstein's Monsters Minis!


Happy Labor day! 
I just wanted to share with all of you my latest two creations. 
Mr and Mrs. Frankenstein's Monster. 
~Sold~
These are the first two in a series of minis that are between 5-5 1/2 inches tall.  These little ones are part clay and part cloth. Their heads are a polymer clay sculpt, (Just learning how to use this type of clay) and their bodies are cloth over a wire armature.  In this photo they are standing in doll stands but they are posable and can sit if preferred.  
Up next, I am working on a black Halloween Parade Kitty and an Old Wicked Witch, also both minis. 
Thank you for stopping by, you are always welcome here.
Sylvia 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you and the thoughts that you share...