About Me

My photo
Welcome, my name is Sylvia Smiser. I am a self taught artist. I enjoy creating one of a kind art dolls and sculpted figures. Vintage Halloween styled artwork and Dia de los Muertos art dolls is what comes naturally to me and what I am most passionate about creating. I am a proud member of the wonderful art groups EHAG (Eclectic Halloween Artists Guild) and PFATT (Primitive Folk Art Talk & Tea). I am a participating artist at Ghoultide Gathering. I am honored to have been published in Art Doll Quarterly, Dolls magazine, Somerset Studio Gallery and Celebrate 365 Magazine. I am also a Physical Therapist and Mama to 15 year old Boy/Girl Twins. My husband is a wonderful man who is very supportive of my art and together with our two doggy fur kids we make one happy, busy family.

Friday, October 17, 2014

Ghoultide Gathering 2014…Beyond My Wildest Dreams

Good evening everyone!
First of all I want to say Thank you so very much to all of you that came out to support me at Ghoultide and my Web Sale. You will never know how much I appreciate you!!!

I had a couple requests to add some of the items to my ETSY shop for ease of payment and so I went ahead and transferred what I have left to ETSY. Here is the link if you would like to have a look. https://www.etsy.com/shop/AnabooCreations

I've been so busy trying to catch up with everything that I had postponed until after Ghoultide that I have not had a chance to post the pictures that I have promised. 

So this is the post where you will get a taste of Ghoultide Gathering 2014!

I was honored to be a participating artist this year. I have to report, it was an experience like no other. 
Being able to create and be part of the magic of this very special event is a gift of a lifetime. 
The memories and special moments of the weekend will stay with me forever! 
I really enjoyed meeting so many new friends and of course getting to see old friends. 
I missed my friends in line this year but I was glad they could stop by to say hello during the show. 

OK. 
Here we go…
First up are pictures of my booth
 




It was so much fun to decorate my space! 

Debbie Hawkins

David Bruce

Nicole Johnson

Jennie Hepler-Takens
Dustin Poche

Joyce Stahl

Allen Cunningham
David Schilling

Kevin Haney

Nina Vivian Huryn

Carolee Clark

David Barber & Paul Wizynajtys

Charlene Geiger

Melissa Belanger

Kevin Buntin

Paul Gordon


Jerry & Darla Arnold

                                                                           Sheila Bentley

TammyStrum



Will Bezek

Susan Bartolucci

Laurie Hardin

Aron Lowe


Debra Schoch


Pam Gracia


Jody Battaglia

Sherrie taylor

Lori Ann Corelis

Nicol Sayre

Kerry Schmidt


Lucky Stradley

Don VanAuken


Nancy Malay

Lori Hough


And Last But certainly not least, the MAGNIFICENT WORK OF SCOTT SMITH...



















It was a fantastic show! I highly recommend getting to this show at least once in your lifetime. It's a treat for all of your senses. 

Here are some fun pictures: 
Sylvia Smiser and Scott Smith

Thank you so much Scott Smith and Bill Gilmore for a Fantastic Halloween Adventure! 




My Ghoultide Goodies!
This year I was able to purchase these wonderful pieces from: 
Carolee Clark, David Barber & Paul Wizynajtys, and Laurie Hardin 

I hope you have all enjoyed a virtual visit to Ghoultide Gathering 2014. 
I hope to see you there next year! 
~Sylvia







3 comments:

  1. I love that you shared so much with us.
    It hurts to know what I missed, but it motivates me to make this possible in my future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laura,
    Thank you for stoping by! I really hope you can make it to Ghoultide in the future. It is really an amazing experience. Plus, I would love to meet you in person. :D
    All my best,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awwwsome, however, I'm not going to kid around with you, dear. 1-outta-1 perishes. And if you haven't seen Jesus yet, as I have, no problem. Still time... if you'd read my stolid story.

    Why else does a moth fly from the night than to a bold, attractive candle Light? Don't let His extravagant brilliance be extinguished, girl. You're creative, yes? Then fly-away with U.S to the antidote...

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you and the thoughts that you share...