About Me

My photo
Welcome, my name is Sylvia Smiser. I am a self taught artist. I enjoy creating one of a kind art dolls and sculpted figures. Vintage Halloween styled artwork and Dia de los Muertos art dolls is what comes naturally to me and what I am most passionate about creating. I am a proud member of the wonderful art groups EHAG (Eclectic Halloween Artists Guild) and PFATT (Primitive Folk Art Talk & Tea). I am a participating artist at Ghoultide Gathering. I am honored to have been published in Art Doll Quarterly, Dolls magazine, Somerset Studio Gallery and Celebrate 365 Magazine. I am also a Physical Therapist and Mama to 15 year old Boy/Girl Twins. My husband is a wonderful man who is very supportive of my art and together with our two doggy fur kids we make one happy, busy family.

Friday, July 29, 2011

New Pieces for the Halloween Queens Bootique Update

Hello everyone, I appreciate all the congratulations and well wishes I have received from all of you here and on facebook regarding being published.  I'm still so very excited about it.

I also want to give you all a look at my new art work .  Both of these pieces will be available on the Halloween Queens Bootique when it updates on August 1st.

First up is Henri the friendly haunted tree ornament.
His limbs are posable and he is 5 inches tall and 1 inch wide at his face.  He will be on the ornament page.

Next up, I'd like to introduce you to Epiphania a Day of the Dead Ghost Lady.  She is made out of muslin fabric.  Her eyes, nostrils, and individual teeth are all needle sculpted by hand.  Epiphania also has posable arms. She is 10 inches tall not including her dress shreds.  If you include the length of her dress she is 12 inches tall.

Thank you for stopping by to take a peak.  Have a wonderful weekend my friends!

2 comments:

I appreciate you and the thoughts that you share...